I can’t thank folks enough for all the awesomeness that came my way this weekend!
1. My team handled the table like a champ!! Every time I’d look up from the commissions I was doing, I was amazed at how smoothly everything was running. These guys have only done a few shows together, but they work their butts off for me, and I could not do what I’m doing without them. Some great folks who care a ton about me and my dream, and they are making it possible by keeping the Bender Comics machine running smoothly so I can scribble down pictures for folks
2. Man…the fans that stop by my table are the absolute best!! I didn’t get a chance to talk to as many people, ’cause I was drawing and I know they were just being polite. I need to put up a sign that lets folks know I don’t mind stopping what I’m doing to chat. I appreciate each and every person who stops by and tells me how much they love what I’m doing, and I absolutely love the mountains of support I get at these shows. It really pushes me to new expectations and my dream just gets bigger and bigger after each show. So, if you ever see me with my head down trying to get a sketch right, just stop on by and say, “whatcha drawin?” I’ll be more than happy to chat
3. I’m wiped out. Man, I am tired. It was an exhausting trip, and now I’m back to work (lunch break right now, suckas!) trying to fight the good fight. Working with my printer to bring even better quality product to the folks shopping my wares, but I won’t have any time to finish anything new before Houston this weekend. I will be working hard though. I’m almost done with my backed up commissions list (for real this time!) since I won’t be working on any new prints to take with me. I’ll have it all in the mail no later than this Friday. I’m gonna send them all out at once.
4. Next up is Comicpalooza. I’ve never even been to this show, but I hear it’s on par with Dallas. That would be awesomely insane! So, if y’all are in the are, swing on by and get some Ben Bender lovin.
5. Sorry…I know there’s more I wanted to say, but I’m really tired. I’ll try and write again in the next few days…maybe post up some of the commissions I did this past weekend.
Much love, y’all! Thanks for all the support and encouragement.
ps. Here’s a pic of one of the newer pieces I’ve done. Little Daryl Dixon…I’ve got at least three more to round out the set